Hi everyone, happy Hump Day!
With all this nasty flu going around this year, sometimes you may want to make a quick and easy, yet tasty chicken noodle soup. I made a little spicier version, but not too much because I still feed it to my 16 month old. My husband is coming down with something and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Brooklyn and I will dodge it. I made this recipe for him and Brooklyn on Monday since I had a girls night out 🙂 Check out the recipe below!
Makes 4-6 servings
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken (I typically get rotisserie, or the pre-shredded container. Equivalent to 2-3 chicken breasts)
- 1.5 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (I just did a couple shakes)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package egg noodles
- Shred cooked chicken. While shredding, heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken to frying pan until slightly browned (3-4 minutes).
- Add diced onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Put 8 cups chicken broth in a large stock pot and turn heat to high so it reaches boiling.
- In a separate pot, start boiling salted water to cook your noodles (I don’t boil them in the chicken broth because they soak up too much of the broth and make the soup too thick). Pour noodles into boiling water and cook for time provided on packaging.
- Add carrots, celery, ginger, and red pepper flakes to chicken mixture and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Once chicken broth is boiling, add chicken mixture to pot and let it boil for 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and let it simmer for 15 minutes, adding the milk within the last five minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Chat with you all soon!